Wednesday, September 17, 2008


I love to sew. I started our sewing by my Nana's side when I was a young girl. I would take her scraps and just sew lines into fabic. straight lines, zig zag lines, fancy lines it did not matter. As soon as the unneeded fabric hit the floor it was gold to me.
As I got older I made some doll clothes. I did not use a pattern, I just knew what I wanted it to look like and went from there.
I really got into sewing when my oldest daughter was born 13 years ago. I loved to make dresses for her to wear. unfortunatly as she got older she liked to wear what I made less and less. She will still wear a home made halloween costume.
My youngest at 8 is thrilled when I say I am going to make her a dress or skirt to wear. She loves to dress up (like as in Halloween) I feel that because I work hard to make clothes for her that she should be able to wear them all the time . This includes school too.
For back to school I made her a poodle skirt. I think she wears it once a week. It makes me happy to see her so excited to put on something that I have made.
I do other things too. I make costumes for Studio 109 drama productions. above is a Cheshire cat costume I made a year ago for a version of "Alice in Wonderland" The wanted it to look like the animated movie. I think it came out pretty good. They loves it. ( It is my oldest in side) There was no pattern for the head. I just made it up as I went along. The studio is now using the costume in a dance number along with many of the other costumes I have created. What do you think?

No comments:

Blog Archive